Is it likely my mom approves of my relationship because I'm now at disadvantage?

Anonymous
Facts:
33 year-old childless woman
Still living with my parents (I can't afford a house; I wasted it all on college)
Working at a dead-end job
I learned how to cook and clean at the age of 29/30

My mother hated my boyfriend for many years. She would talk bad about him 24/7. All of the sudden, now with the pandemic still happening she changed her tone. I mentioned to her about his positive qualities, which helped some.

Still... she hated him till 2019 (that's not so long ago) and I doubt she will suddenly like him. Is her change in stance because I'm at great disadvantage and she might be thinking I can't get anyone better by now? When I was 20, she once told him (with a mocking tone) ''My daughter will find a much better man when she goes to her country'' and called him a loser. She's not saying that anymore.
20 d
If she hated him for many years, she had already formed her negative image/ideas about him... I doubt that's going to suddenly change in a year. I still don't believe she's gonna suddenly start liking him.
She's just probably just accepting my relationship now out of resignation and even think I can't get anyone better at this point for the obvious reason... my time is running out.
2
0