How can I be taken seriously, or heard at least? How to get over social awkwardness from this?

Anonymous
Gosh, I'm having a difficulty being treated seriously. I'm quite socially awkward and it's hard for me to say what's in my head without coming across all jumbled up. I'm great at making people laugh I think, but that's about it. Whenever I get on a topic of seriousness my awkwardness comes out and when/if I speak people either ignore it, shut me down, or tell me I don't understand when I actually do. I think this arose from my middleschool... I was always ignored and called ugly so I decided to become one of the class clowns. This was 5 years ago... I just don't really know what to do I guess now. I'm really bad at talking to people, and everybody looks at me like a stupid joke.
1
0