Was it right to refuse to make breakfast for my brother?

Anonymous
He's 17 years old and can't even run a simple errand (ex: doing to the supermarket by himself and buying the correct items) because he got spoiled too much.

He was alone with me today for several hours. I refused to make his favorite pancakes. Instead, I taught him the first two and left him alone afterwards. Some of his pancakes got burned a bit and others were ok. Now he knows how to do it. I informed that I can help and teach him but I wasn't going to do it for him ever again.

He complained to our mother about how I won't make his breakfast nor do his school homeworks anymore. My mother taught I was being kind of harsh on him and that he's just 17. I don't think so. He has to learn. I just noticed he can learn but is lazy and spoiled. I will not allow that with me.
19 d
He just learned (through me) how to fry an egg. Whatever I taught him, he's on his own next time. My brother is shocked. He never got used to doing things on his own and my mother thinks I'm being harsh.
4
0