How do you feel about the concept of genetic engineering/designer babies?

Bandit74
Personally I am in favor of it for everything. I get how it makes some people feel weirded out, but I think it's better than the current state of affairs where people are privileged or held back and treated as inferior vs superior based on traits that they had no control over. Regardless of the whole "we are all equal in our own way" mantra that some people push it still seems like there are traits that are conventionally desirable and those that are undesirable and that the more desirable traits you have the better off you are. As a result I think it would reduce a lot of inequalities and improve happiness if we could prevent people from getting the undesirable traits in the first place and ensure only the desirable ones are expressed.

Thoughts?
I am in favor of it but only for preventing deseases
I am in favor of it for everything including physical traits
I am completely against it
Vote C
GirlGuy
14 d
For the people who said they were against cosmetic things being controlled for, are you also against those same traits being modified via cosmetic surgery?

So for example lets say cosmetic surgery advanced to the point where every trait could be modified in a safe reliable way, would you oppose that too or do you only oppose those things being controlled genetically?
16
49