My daughters father stole all of her birthday money and I dont know if it's worth bringing up?

Anonymous
My kids father and I split up going on 5 years ago and as of 2 years ago he stopped taking the kids. His mother takes them whenever she can though.

So this past weekend was my daughters birthday. She turned 8. My ex's mom asked to take the kids so she could have a small family birthday party for her. When she got home Sunday afternoon my daughter was visibly upset but said she didn't want to talk about it. The next day however she spilled the beans and said that she had gotten $46 in her birthday cards from her two aunts and her cousin. Apparently her dad took the money from her when everyone left and told her he was going to "keep it safe" for her.

She also told me that her dad had told her that he can't talk to her or her brothers anymore because apparently they "do nothing but run their mouth" to me about everything he has said. Which, that is true. Dont get me wrong. BUT I never confront him on what he's said to the kids so he truly has no idea what's been said to me and what has not.

Anyways, I'm not sure if it is worth it to bring up the fact that he stole our daughters birthday money or not. Especially where he is so absent that I'm sure even if I did bring it up, it wouldn't matter and we won't see the money regardless. That and he doesn't pay child support either or have a job so I'm sure he pocketed this for himself.

What should I do?
3
1