Why does my dad do this?

Anonymous
So my dad is nice and everything mostly. I just don’t feel he is supportive of me at all. He pays my college tuition and everything but I basically buy everything else which is fine of course.

I’m home for the winter now and we were sitting down eating dinner and he literally started floating to my sister and was like “your grades are so good, colleges have been hounding on your door trying to get you to go there.” “They call me everyday about you. You could probably go to any school” “your grades are amazing” I literally just had to sit there and not saying anything because I felt so uncomfortable. Mainly because when I applied to college my dad didn’t think I could get into any school and I ended up getting into all the schools I applied for and he still didn’t seem all that happy.

I’m in college now and every time I get an A or something I send it to him and I’m always trying to prove myself but I still feel like it’s not enough. I called him out for him gloating about my sister because dosent do it for me at all and he got really defensive and he was like “we support you enough by paying your tuition and letting you come back to our house on breaks and stuff”. I know I didn’t get the best grades I high school but he’s supposed to encourage me. When I made straight a’s this year he sent me a text saying how proud he was but dosent brag on me. Am I overreacting? I feel kinda sad about this
Why does my dad do this?
1
1