If I’m the “problematic” family member, why does my family get upset whenever I distance myself or practically beg me to come around?

Anonymous
Seriously, I mind my business. I put my energy in my career, hobbies, and people that I no actually want to be around. This is when my family bitches and complains about me not being around and accuses me of thinking that I’m better than everyone and being ashamed of the family.

However, when I come around they get offended by everything that I say and somehow manage to piss someone off (ex: “making a post on social media saying that I want to be the ‘bougie aunt with no kids and travels the world’” or my family getting mad at me for not coming to my dad’s birthday party because no one told me about it or expressing that at one point I was afraid that I had COVID-19 because I had similar symptoms).
1
0