After moving out, did your parents still have any say-so or control over what you do?

I mean I don't know about other households but a lot of black parents still appear to have control over their kids here... even after they move out. It sucks but its true. Like one of my cousins still can't travel outside of the state without the parents permission and the other still has to lend his parents his car whenever necessary. Even with a lot of my high school and college classmates of black, hispanic, and mixed race, their parents were the same. Worse part is a lot (not all but many) of the black parents still get handsy with the kid. If you talk back, you get popped in the mouth... regardless of being 21+. I don't know if its a black thing or a countryside thing but its ridiculous. I say its due to living within close proximity of family. Thats why i intend to move states so that i dont feel obligated to be obedient.
#FeelFreeToList #JustDropIt
15 d
I remember with my first job, my mom told me she purposely took 75% of my check so that i wouldn't move away. The one thing i’ll thank my second ex for is helping me stand my ground. Now i omly give her 25% because thats all she ever left me with. You have to play a narcissists game the way they would
65
26