AITA for refusing to let a friend move in with me?

Anonymous
So I am 23 and have a lot of college age friends. I'm not in college myself, nor do I plan to go.
However a problem that a lot of college students have with student housing is that when the semester ends, they have no where to go and start trying to rent off the campus or a lot of times go back to their parents homes, which doesn't always work out to keep consistent employment, nd often times once you get on st a decent job that allows flexible hours for school, it's hard to get back when you return. I'm not blind I understand it's a struggle.

I am currently living with my boyfriend, and I'm not much of a "going out" or even "inviting" friends over to hang out kind of person. We do have a spare bedroom and 2 bathrooms though. However I just don't like the idea of having to share my space, or having to wear pants in my own home.

Well awhile back a friend of mine had been worried about where she was going to go when school ended. SO she came to me and we were talking and she brought it up. "Yeah I'm just not sure what I'm gonna do, my hands are really tied... hey, don't you have a spare room?"
Which for 1, I didn't like that she was kind of trying to invite herself into my home. And 2, I don't like the idea of some other girl living in my home with my boyfriend. I don't believe he'd do anything, but I also don't trust that she wouldn't have a drunken night and try any funny business.

Anyway I replied with something along the lines of "Yeah... but you know my cat, she really needs her space."
My "friend" kinda just stood there quietly for a second so I took the opportunity to tell her I needed to finish some stuff up before I went home and left.

NOW THOUGH apparently she's gone around telling our coworkers that I'm the wicked witch of the west who is refusing to help her in her time of need.

AITA?
Yes you're the A-Hole
Not the A-hole
GirlGuy
1
1