How to have and maintain a healthy social life as an adult?

Anonymous
Probably a dumb question for a lot of people out there, but consider me socially inept for the sake of this topic. I had a lot of friends in high school, and some of them I still keep in contact with even though we never get to see each other or hang out. Life after high School is rough. You work about two or three full-time jobs, you pay bills, and you struggle to get by. You don't really have a whole lot of time for socializing outside of work, and even when you do that doesn't necessarily mean the other people do as well, or at least not at the same time. I need more friends, but I don't want to trade quality for quantity. I've started going back to church but even that only goes so far. I'm even making an effort to get my degrees and certifications in cybersecurity and I intend to try and make some new friends along the way. That being said I don't think I know how to interact with people anymore. As crazy as that sounds I feel awkward and I'm not sure what to do, or how to go about doing it. I'm kind of hoping for some recommendations on where to meet quality friends, maybe some suggestions on where I can find good potential dates, and I'm also looking for some advice for finding groups to hang out with on a regular basis. I'm not loaded with money so I'm not looking for any pay for services, when it comes to friends and dates I really wouldn't want to use them anyway. It just doesn't seem right. Please let me know what you think, let me know if you have any suggestions, or let me know if any of you have been feeling the same.
How to have and maintain a healthy social life as an adult?
Add Opinion