Is it bad that I miss my ex-best friend who had a crush on me?

Anonymous
I used to have a best friend named Derrick. He had a girlfriend (who hated my guts) that he was off and on with all the time. He was one of the closest friends I ever had. About 4 years into our friendship I finally got into a serious relationship. At that same time his girlfriend broke up with him for good because she didn’t like his friendship with me. He started doing drugs and started having crazy mood swings. One minute he’d be lashing out at me, and the next he’d be trying to flirt with me and overstepping the boundaries of my relationship. I didn’t want him to mess up my relationship and I felt guilty for ruining his. I figured it was best to let him go. I honestly miss him so much though. It’s really hard for me to make friends. He was my best friend for years and now he’s just gone.
0
2