What are your thoughts on parents who decide to keep their severely special needs child who is mentally at a vegetative state?

Uptowngirl88
And life long medical problems.

If you were in this position would you keep the child?

I ask because I work with a family whose child is like this. Their life consist of multiples surgeries, in and out of doctors offices, frustrated teachers (due to the child's lacking in intellect) , can't read, write, and wears diapers at age 17. The child was born like this it is so sad she has no life unfortunately. So I just wondered how others would deal with it
The need to get rid of the child it has no quality of life
I think they're making the right decision by sticking by the child
Other
Vote C
GirlGuy
1 mo
When I say "get rid" I put that because some people wouldn't have understood the medical term hospice
1 mo
Hospice is comfort care when all medical alternatives have failed. Basically a DNR
15
11