Ex boyfriend being nice and then a jerk. WTF?

OK, so, my boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago. We were together for 2 years and "in love" so needless to say it wasn't an easy breakup, but I felt that we both agreed it was time to go our separate ways and say goodbye. I was sad about it, but I started going about the business of moving on best I could.

So about a week ago he texted me that he'd been thinking about me a lot and it was hard not speaking to someone he'd been close with. I texted back that yes, I missed things about him too, and that was pretty much it. I thought it was kind of weird that he'd say that and then nothing else, but I just figured he was being nostalgic and gave in to the urge to talk to me. No big deal.

Then today, he emailed me about some money he owed me from a few months back. It was only $50, and it was over a dinner we split with friends, so I wasn't that worried about it. But he said this: "So, I'm selling my car and I need to buy a new door handle which will cost like $50-$75 to fix. Since you broke the door handle (which I did), how about we call it even on the $50 I owe you? Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to be fair."

It just seems so strange and unnecessary that last week he was saying he missed so much about me and today he's acting like we're strangers and it's a business transaction. Why?!
0
2