I want my parents to stop fighting. What should I do?

Anonymous
My parents are fighting almost everyday. Its my dad who is always starting it, and its for the most silliest reasons ever. He can scold mom even if she accidentally filled his glass of water more than he asked for. In other words ill say he is really really short-tempered. Even though i am 17, i can easily tell he actually needs therapy but would he listen? No. And i can't even say anything to him anyways. I have seen him hit mom.. twice. Once was when i was in 1st grade where he literally pushed her and she lost balance and fell down the stairs. Second was when he slapped her when i was in middle school. Now most of the time he gets really angry and ends up saying things like, "shut up before i slap you!"
I am very scared of him as he has beaten me AND my older brother too. A lot of times. I agree he is nice sometimes as he is my dad. But he is doing all this because of his anger issues and i wanna do something. Something to fix my messed up family.
19
8