How can I make my friend feel better?

My friend called me this morning crying saying his husband had killed himself. They been married for 5 years they had 2 kids they adopted they have a 4 year old daughter who's not handling this well also a litle boy who's a week old who won't remember him at all those kids are gonna grow up without a father he's not sure what he's gonna do or how he's gonna tell his daughter. He didn't say he killed himself he just said he wasn't feeling well and needed to go be with jesus in heaven he's not sure if he should tell her more or explain suicide to her. Me and my wife are staying with him tonight he needs me he's like my brother to me even though were a band were a family were very close this is the second bandmate we lost in 2 years. They were just with us at Easter he was so happy we never even noticed he was suffering our band did a memorial concert tribute to our drummer he was holding my hands and dancing around on stage with me he was such a happy man he didn't look like he was in pain at all he was hiding it good from us. We're gonna have a small family reunion for him here in next month or June we haven't decided yet him and my wife were good friends he could be friends with anyone our son was real close to him he was like an uncle to him we don't know what we're gonna tell him when he comes home tomorrow he's only 9. His husband noticed he wasn't in bed this morning he found a suicide note then found him in the yard by the pool he had a razor he cut himself to death he's been pretty upset over it all day. How can I comfort my friend through this?
How can I make my friend feel better?
Add Opinion