How can I avoid comparing myself to others in life that are doing better?

Anonymous
I feel like such a horrible friend deep down. I totally said congrats and I also offered to help her move and I’m taking her out to eat. Someone please help me on how I can change my mindset as I’m not jealous just feel like I’m comparing myself and it’s bringing me down I hate it. I use to have my own place the pandemic hit and my job made paycuts …. I decided to move back in with my parents last year I do have a new job in my career within the state and it pays decent I start lower since I’m new.

My best friend made a jab at my pay saying I make less than her but she also has no benefits, no pension, no union, etc. but I did feel down on that to the point I ask my parents if I’m settling and they said no and to keep the job since salary goes up in tiers yearly. My best friend then told me she’s getting her own place and I congratulated her and wanted to celebrate which we will next weekend but I told her before I planned on staying with my parents and saving to buy within 2 years and she just kind of was negative about freedom and stuff. Which honestly made me feel like I’m failing in life at 25.

Please don’t tell me she’s not a friend she is we’ve been best friends since 13 this is honestly the first time it’s been like this with us.
24
6