Any opinions or experience about parents not understanding things about you?

Anonymous
Is it common to be misunderstood by your parents about important things? If you have an experience with that that can relate, feel free to share. But I also need an opinion about this case of it:
I have Asperger’s Syndrome, and all “Aspies” (which is common for people with Asperger’s to call themselves) are different and have all different symptoms and are affected differently by it. And about that, I tend to compare myself to other Aspies, to the point that I get angry about it. And the reason this “Aspie” comparison started is because I felt like I was EXTRA different from other Aspies, because my Asperger’s prevented me from dating when I was in middle/high school, but it doesn’t stop other Aspies from dating during those years. My mom knows that that is how my “Aspie comparison” started, but she doesn’t understand that the reason why I cared about “other Aspies dating” in the first place is because my Asperger’s caused boys to not like me during those years (because it made me do negative behaviors that I couldn’t help), but it doesn’t stop other Aspies from being liked by the opposite sex. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions about WHY my mom doesn’t understand that?
1
0