Will you turn down a friend invitation for this reason?

kitty71
There is a lay well, l I call it friend but I think she is not a friend just an acquaintance who lives away from me and for the pandemic there had been months we dont see each other. She has 2 houses one where she lives with her partner (she is divorced but she is living with a guy and she is not married to him) but even if she is living with the guy, they are both independent, and they also do not depend on each other money, they do share house stuff but my friend sometimes do not even join her partner to trips because she says is very expensive and she is a bit stingy and i dont have enough money and even if the guy wants to treat her, she does not let him, do it. It seems the guy earns or have more money than her and he is already retired. On local trips just sometimes they both share expenses.

Anyway this lady has a house in the city she lives and has another house in a city that is kinda closest to where I live. So i told this friend this past Monday "why dont we meet for coffee this week and chit chat when she will be around the city (in the house is closest to where I live) and she agreed and said "Sure Wednesday or Thursday she told me she could ". So i chose a place that I thought could nice pretty place to chit chat and catch up but since this lady is a bit stingy and for her money things matter a lot, I mean she is nto getting poorer any time, but she does watch out in what things she spends money on. She told me the city I chose the restaurants are a little expensive so I replied her "Ok I will look for another one then" Then she changed her mind and joking with me and told me "Its fine lets go to the place you chose, I won't become poorer for one day". This was on Tuesday, then yesterday I texted her to confirm things and she replied: "Today I can't cause my baby (her dog) has an appointment today at 4pm, he has an allergy lets meet tomorrow, my idea was to take him this morning but they had no space this morning".
23 d
So I said no problem tomorrow (today). Then very early today in the morning she texted and told me this "Sorry things got complicated, yesterday the vet told me that Max, needed a dental cleaning and that please take him today early in the morning and I did but I had to leave the dog at the vet and they told me to pick him up in the afternoon but they let me know at what time I could pick the dog up, the vet did not tell me the exact time" : I replied her and texted her: "Could your son pick
23 d
"Couldnt your son pick the dog up? Im just asking, if not, well we leave the gathering for some other time and she said: "No, my son is vacationing". So I could not meet up with this friend due to the "dog issue". This lady is super super animal advocate and she could postpone things for animal issues, but until now is what I find out that was really true.
3
0