Why is my family acting like this?

anon171999
My grandma passed on in November. I am the only one in the family who doesn't live near her so I didn't see her in the hospital while she was leaving. So that's why she didn't give me her wedding ring directly.

My grandpa told me that she took off her wedding ring at the hospital and said to give it to me.

My grandma and I have been very close my entire life. She is as much of a mom as my actual mom. And she has told me that I am a daughter to her. As a child I called her everytime I was upset, needed advice, or just wanted to talk to her. I spent a lot of time with her as a kid. As a teenager I moved in with her and she took care of me for a few years until I moved out into my own place when I was an adult. I love her dearly and I always will.

My family knows that her and I would talk all of the time, that I lived with her, and that I love her.
Yet for some reason they keep acting weird and saying weird stuff about the ring. They keep saying that they are surprised she gave it to me and talking about how much it's worth.

It's priceless. Money can be gained other ways. My grandma's mother gave her the ring. And my grandma left it for me. It meant so much to her and that's why it means so much to me.

Why is my family so surprised that she left it for me? Why would they think she wouldn't? They know we were close.
Why is my family acting like this?
2
1