Why would someone contact someone they view as a true friend every couple of months (or many months), instead of every week?

Steven8000
I know numerous people that have been close friends with someone else for years, and they are still are close friends with that person. The only thing that changed is one of them moved far away, so they hardly ever see each other in person. They contact each other online, on the phone, etc every couple of months, etc. And you can tell they still care about each other the same way, but what I don't get is, people can easily text, call, etc that friend every week. If you view that person as a close friend why do you two hit each other up months later?
0
1