Is it ok that I don’t want to spend time with my sister and brother in law?

yankeeguy
So I have a niece almost a year old. the last year I have been very involved in spending time with my sister and brother in law, assisting them with her and going out with them and visiting them in general. I’m gonna be brutally honest. I find it exhausting. I dread visiting them every time. They both have demanding energy that doesn’t exactly give me the best vibes. When I’m there with my niece There’s all these detailed instructions on how to play with her and it makes me nervous and scared of doing something wrong. It’s extremely difficult to relax in that setting. Also my sister is the most demanding person I know. All her instructions, her commanding way of giving them and criticism if I react to it It makes me nervous and exhausting. My brother in law is demanding to. He ask me all this questions about work etc, it’s almost like an interrogation. So honestly I want to become as Uninvolved as possible. How do i establish distance to them? Do you think it’s ok I feel that way. I don’t want to be an involved uncle and I want to establish distance to them.
1
0