Why does our friendship seem so special to me, but like nothing to him?

I have been really good friends with this guy for a while now, he's basically like my best friend, but I can't help having the feeling that our friendship means so much more to me than it does to him.

We used to talk everyday and got on so well, we would tell each other the most random things and never ran out of stuff to talk about. Even though he was telling me this stuff, I couldn't help but feel like I was just another friend to him and what he was telling me, he was telling everyone else too. The more personal things that I tell him, I only tell him because he's special to me and I trust him and stuff, I don't tell anyone else, but with him I think he tells everyone how he feels, so our conversations aren't really special in a way.

He comes to visit me sometimes just to see me, which is really nice. I feel special that he took time out to do that, but from what I have heard, it sounds like he does the same to everyone. Like if someone else asks him to go visit them, then he goes. I don't ask him, he comes by choice but still.

Recently we Haven't spoken as often and I think its probably because he recently got this new girl. We only talk if I send him a message first which sucks. Like through the day I used to tell him random things that happened to me and he used to do the same, but now he doesn't anymore and I feel stupid if I do it. I get that him having this new girl means that he's focused on her now and stuff, but surely it won't make him forget about me? He still seems to spend time and talk to his other friends? So why not me? Am I just someone he doesn't really care about? he's really special to me and I love talking to and seeing him, but I just feel like he doesn't feel the same way about me.
1
1