Does this Guy like me? He has a new girlfriend!

Starting November this one guy kept looking at me & would just stare, I didn't think much of him but from there on out whenever I'd see him, he was looking at me even at lunch I could see him staring at me from across the room. We now have a class together & one day he was around a group of girls & would just stare at me. I started to develop a liking for him & finally on another day we were standing there & he looked as if he wanted to talk to me but couldn't. So he told one of his friends to talk to me for him, he told his friend he was shy but they were like "No you're not". His friend told me he thought I was pretty & they asked if I thought he was cute I said, "he's cute in a different way." (I didn't wanna be too obvious, I mean we know nothing about eachother). Most likely they told him what I said & when class was almost over I was talking with him & his friends, he just stood there & looked at me, & he was super shy & didn't say anything. Funny thing is he's not a shy person at all, especially around his friends. 2 days later, I find out he's got a new girlfriend I don't know the details but he still looks at me in class, shows off in front of me, when he does something funny he's looking to see if I saw it, & is still really afraid to talk to me. I'm shy around him too though. What do you think about this?
Does this Guy like me? He has a new girlfriend!
Add Opinion