Why is being slim/slender so much more visually appealing than being heavy?

Like. . . really. What is it about slender or small-waisted girls that is so much more attractive than larger sized, in general? I know this phenomenon exists, I just don't know why so. What's so sexy about being skinny/small? What's so unsexy about being large/heavy? Why do so many of our brains associate thin with attractive and fat with unattractive? It can't be ALL media messages, can it? There has to be something more to it than that. . .

1417

Most Helpful Guy

• according to anthropologists, it's a response to an alpha partner. 200 years ago, wealth (ability to survive, was indicated by a body that looked well-fed). My personal feeling is that 1) I find it more attractive (which just reststes your question) and 2) I find lithe, slender girls to be more passionate and hyper-orgasmic

Most Helpful Girl

• Fertility (not the skinny part, but the part where a smaller waist and larger hips are a sign of fertility in women)...

I don't know why skinny people are so much more attractive nowadays, they just seem malnourished to me.
    You are the perfect example of the perfect figure.

by the way., you remind me of Tatiana Maslany. =)