Is it true men feel self conscious going out with a large lady?

A friend of mine told me he wouldn't feel that comfortable going out with a big girl because, even if he liked her, he would feel like other men would judge. He said men don't like thinking that way because they would obviously love their gf but deep down they want to have a gorgeous looking slim woman on their arm and want other guys to be jealous of them.

Is there any truth in this guys? Any girls ever felt this way with a guy?

115

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps insecure men would agonize about the opinions of other males.

I, fortunately, am not one of those guys. Admittedly, my woman packed on a few pounds during her pregnancy and thus she carried the extra weight a bit after. But then again, so what! Who cares! That did not stop me from adoring her.

Even if she hadn't lost the weight, I simply do not care about how hypothetically unattractive she may have been to other males. Those guys don't take care of her, they don't lay next to her, and they have not experienced her greatness.

As I mentioned on another post, if a guy seems embarrassed to be seen with a woman or to acknowledge her, then she is not the woman for him. Period!

I

• You sound like a great partner and I don't know any woman who wouldn't gain baby weight lol. Thanks for your answer! :-)

• You're welcome :-)

• Awesome reply!! If a man can't be proud of his love regardless of her size he is shallow, that is a very unattractive trait in my opinion.