Which music diva do you prefer Mariah Carey or Beyonce? Why?

title says it all!! GAGers! which music dive do you prefer? Mariah Carey or Beyonce? also why?
4.bp.blogspot.com/.../beyonce.png
hypetrak.com/.../...belong-together-siik-remix.jpg
Updates:
sounds like Beyonce wins

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Mariah Carey at her peak had a greater voice than Beyonce on her best day. And she has better songs. Beyonce is talented but she doesn't have music that will be relevant later. No classic songs like "All I want for Christmas" or "Hero". She's more popular than her body of work.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Mariah Carey's vocal cords are messed up or something. She has some kind of health issue with the cords in her throat that allow her to sing notes that a normal human being isn't supposed to sing. She is in the Guinness Book of World Records for it. She has excellent songs. Her songs are very unique. She really does have her own style.

That said Beyonce to me is on another level. The level of artsy in her music is superb. I don't really listen to either of them in terms of their albums, but Beyonce's last album:

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...-_Beyonc%C3%A9.svg.png

Was a masterpiece. Every song is unique and a part of who she is. The videos helped enhance the vision she wanted her viewers/listeners to see and hear. She put them through a view of her life. Of "Beyonce" (hence the album name). Her struggles (getting over the death of a friend), her love (Jay Z and Blue Ivy), her own thoughts (arrogance in Bow Down), and even powerful heartfelt messages (Pretty Hurts). She wanted people to feel what she feels.

I don't see how you can put Mariah on the same level as Bey.

3|0
    0|0
  • 2|0
    6|1
  • Now? Beyoncé. However Mariah in her prime... one of the greatest to ever do it!

Her most recent performance damn near made me cry. Nick cannon used his dick as a straw to suck up all her talent.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you ask those around or over 30 today they'd all probably say Mariah :-D as do I. The kids (like you) probably will vote more for Beyonce

And hey watch your opinions there's more Mariah here :-D it may sound Beyonce but what I see is Mariah :-D ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Mariah Carey is the GOAT diva! Beyonce is good but Mariah is Diva Royalty

1|0
    0|0
  • Beyonce, Mariah isn't doing the same as before in my opinion and Beyonce is just a more powerful singer

1|0
    0|0
  • Beyonce! I grew up with her in my household and have been a fan since I was a baby. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I love Mariah, zombiebabe... her music is fantastic, her voice is that of an angel. I do like Beyonce, however, I have to admit, she is just not a singer, but a great Actress as well. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • both are overrated and their music is unlistenable. sorry but i wanted to say that :-P

may i choose another female singer/musician beyond those 2?

0|0
    1|0
    • yes you can dude

• I like many female singers from the 80s basically like Kim Wilde, Terri Nunn (Berlin's singer), Lita Ford, Joan Jett, etc

• both of these girls are Illuminati so i choose option C.

0|0
    3|0
  • Mariah Carey, she's my favorite artist, and has such an amazing voice, though Beyonce is on point too:) I love them both!

0|0
    0|0
  • Beyonce although I use to love Mariah. She sings and dance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well to be honest I did use to be a big fan of Mariah amd her songs when I was growing up, but it's not like I knew about her when Ishe first came out or her original songs, and even no I'm not a big fan of hers once again.

As for Beyoncé who doesn't know if her? But besides that yes I love her music I grew up listening to her when she was a member of Destiny's Child and even when she went solo she just shined even more. I know just abut all of her songs and love all of them. But over all I've never been an obsessed fan of hers and I'm actually loosing beginnig to like her less and less as well because she doesn't even sing anymore now she just "tires to" rap and she's not very good at it.

But if I had to choose I think it's clear that Beyoncé wins this battle no doubt.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to say cause i like both of their music both beautiful women

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually haven't listened to much of either. Who's your favorite?

0|0
    0|0
    • i like the music of both but i prefer Mariah because her names reminds me of someone

• Beyoncé she so perfect looking and she probably can cook excellent

0|0
    0|0
  • Mariah Carey! :D I love her music much more than Beyonce.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would pick beyonce because I like her voice, especially when she sings Halo.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer not to listen to any of these two but if I have to choose I go for Beyonce

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer Beyonce.

1|0
    0|0
  • No contest!!!

0|0
    2|0
  • Beyonce. She's a complete entertainer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mariah Carey maybe

0|0
    1|0
  • Man you should have included a poll

0|0
    0|0
  • I dislike both of them. Style and music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beyoncé all the way. She's an icon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mariah Carey since she has talent.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dislike both of them. I'm out

0|0
    0|0
  • MC used to be the bomb back in the day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beyonce cause she's down to earth

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer Beyonce for her songs and her sex appeal

0|0
    0|0
  • I think mariah carey wins

0|0
    0|0
  • I like em both but I like Mariah's voice better.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes