Why is it black women that are stereotyped for wearing weave?

It's true that the majority of black women do wear weave but a lot of people of other races wear it too. Plenty of white women wear weave to make their hair look thicker or whatever. Is it just because it's a lot more obvious when black women have weave on their head?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• "It's true that the majority of black women do wear weave"

The majority of white, Asian, hispanic, etc don't. It happens, but not often. Black women have a culture around weaves.