Is it normal and okay to wear shorts/ a dress when it's 16 degrees Celsius?

Or does it look weird because it's too cold?

611

Most Helpful Guy

• it's ok... it's not much cold i guess :)

What Guys Said 10

• You will likely be getting a lot of looks because people won't be expecting someone to wear shorts or dresses in cold temperatures.

• Thats quite a good summers day where I am from - If you are comfortable yes

• Here's a better question: would you be comfortable?
    From my experience with dresses (I work in an expensive clothing warehouse), dresses are often made from practically toilet paper, and from my experience with toilet paper, I'd say it's not a very good heat isolation matter. xD
    Being a guy who gives no fucks about his looks due to giving up on life, I'd say invest more into comfort.
    Then again, it's more of your choice than mine.

• Depends on what you're comfortable in. Personally I find it too cold, but I've seen people wear shorts at 0° lol.

• Yes it looks weird. But if you really want to no one is going to stop you!

• uh... no...

• Maybe wear some leggings or something just in case?

• i wear shorts all year round. Snow, rain, or sun, im in shorts... I hate wearing trousers.

• It depends on you if you can take the cold

• sounds fine to me

What Girls Said 6

• Whatever makes you feel comfortable. Not weird if you're not cold.

• That's quite warm; at least where I live. If you don't feel cold then it's fine. I wear dresses and skirts all the time, even when it really is too cold to be wearing them. As long s you're comfortable, it doesn't matter.

• That's pretty cold, I wouldn't wear shorts/dress at that temperature. I think it will look weird for sure, but you can do what you want :)

• Too cold. The rule is around 20 °C at least. But do what you want to do.

• Well, I wear shorts when it's 10F so I don't see anything wrong with 16C.
    Wear what you want when you want.

• It all depends on what lattitude you live. If it is 16° in a tropical or mediterranea country, it will look weird. If you do that in a northern country, only few will look at you.