What Do you think about this tattoo?

I'm getting this on my right shoulder soon. What Do you think about this tattoo??

146

Most Helpful Girl

• That's really cool. I like it.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a tattoo, it's nice...
    I have noticed that some people have declared this hypocritical, which is an interesting point of view considering the scripture in Leviticus 19:28. You mentioned that this was the old law, and you mentioned that Jesus nullified the old law with two new commandments. I don't believe he nullified the old law, but simplified it, condensing the 10 commandments into 2.
    There are biblical references that may argue against tattoos, such as those referring to Christian's bodies being the temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 12:1). Would you add a mural to the wall of the Sistine Chapel, could be the rhetorical analogy used in that case.
    But then, we also have the argument that may be presented in 1 Corinthians 10:31, which states: "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." Will your tattoo be giving glory to God, or to your own body and self?
    Another interesting scripture that may be open to interpretation, speaking of Jesus Christ, Revelation 19:16 "And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”"

• Thank you for being polite and logical in your opinion! So many others aren't. I do agree that Christ didn't nullify the old law, I guess I couldn't find the word I was looking for, but you know what I mean. Anyway, You have some good points and thanks!

• No problem, sir. I suppose, it has to do with your heart and intent, in the end. I have heard arguments against piercings from Christians, saying that it signifies slavery, from the Israelites in Egypt, as do tattoos, but that isn't the intent nowadays.

• Thanks for mhg

What Girls Said 13

• It's not something that I personally like... Plus, doesn't it say in Leviticus that you're not allowed to get tattoos?

• That's the old law. When Christ gave the new law, he nullified all of the unnecessary restraints of the old law. Remember His two commands?

• Beautiful

• You're a hypocrite. You're getting a tattoo of a bible quote? It should say this instead:
    Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.
    Leviticus 19:28

• Like I told the other people who commented like this, Christ nullified the old law and established a new law with two commands: love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself. Getting a tattoo violates neither of these commands.

• i like the meaning

• No, I am not a fan of tattoos.

• Im not a big fan of religious things but if you like it, its your body, nobody elses and you should get it and if it makes you happy then good.

• It's nice

• Not bad

• Not my style, I'm not very religious but it's fine

• not a big fan

• It's not that nice.

• i personally dont like it, but if you really like it then go for it.
    your body your rules

• Trashy af, something that only an ex convict would get.

What Guys Said 5

• Tattoos are meant to be personal and one of a kind. Don't get something that's posted all over Google.

https://i.imgur.com/bQAyNOk.png

Come up with your own unique idea.

• It's always funny to see religious people cherry pick what they like and throw the rest to the wind... Leviticus 19:28

• I know what the Old Testament says about this, but Christ nullified the old law by giving two commands: love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself. Getting a tattoo doesn't violate either of these. We can argue theology all day, but I'd rather not.

• It's very possible that he didn't know that, thus he wasn't cherry picking. Also, that's a law given to the nation of Israel. So actually it may not apply to him. There were laws in Bible that only apply to certain people. Like the ten commandments are something everyone should adhere to but laws about ceremonies and what not, like tattoos, only applied to the nation of Israel.

• if you like it, go for it!

• It's not that great. Find something better than this.

• I'm not liking it.