When did you go through your awkward phase?

It seems most people go through a really awkward phase during their teen years. When was yours? Mine was in 7th grade, it was at the intersection of jacked up pre-braces teeth, bad acne, and an unfortunate haircut. BOY was that rough.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably in middle school. I was the tubby, awkward gay kid and didn't fit in well at all.

The only thing that's changed is the "tubby" part.๐Ÿ˜‚

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably sometime in middle school! Struggled with acne in middle school through my sophomore year. Still would be but I'm on a medication now that keeps me pretty clear. I have braces now though so I mean did the stage ever really end lol

What Guys Said 15

• Mine lasted from 14-19 lol
    The awkward , "I don't even give a fuck about my looks let's just do nerdy shit" phase.
    So much money blown on gadgets...
    19 was the turning point for me.

• Probably going through it now!!!

• My entire life is going to be an awkward phase. Who wants to be average?

• 8th grade age 14

• hell, I'm STILL waiting for puberty

• Recently I really like this girl... we met few times and I told her.. she reply and I quote "are you crazy" . soo... awkward

• Hmm started when in kindergarten... hasn't ended๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• My awkward phase happened in elementary school, I had bad fashion and I was scrawny. In 5th grade I improved my physique but my fashion was still bad. It wasn't till middle school when I improved everything about myself.

• I'm still going through mine ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Hell I'm still going through it๐Ÿ˜‚

• I didn't had awkward phases.

• i've always been awkward ever since i was born...

• Lol mainly 7-12th grade. But now I have a sense of style, am not afraid to talk to women, and take care of myself (I was bullied).

• Yeah , it's mainly during the teenage years that it's the most awkward phase of life :/ , hey, it's weird, but I have a question, do you prefer guys who shave EVERYWHERE over a guy is is overly hairy?

• just make your own poll for that. that has nothing to do with the question.

What Girls Said 15

• I don't know it doesn't seem to me that "popular kids" ever go through an awkward phase.

I think I've always been more awkward than most people but it was perhaps worst from ages 13 to 17. It wasn't ever so much about appearance as behavior and social anxiety. When I was 13-14 I'd be really tense around people, typically sweat and turn red whenever attention was drawn to me or I had to talk to someone, and even sometimes get so nervous I'd just burst out laughing. I remember being on the verge of tears one time when I had to talk to someone.

When I was 16-17 I was transferred to a therapeutic school where I was more comfortable talking to people because, hey, they were weirdos too so if they judged me they were just being hypocrites. I was pretty awkward because I had no filter; I'd always be talking about sex and vaginas, even during class.

• Early teens, mid twenties, early forties, finally coming out of it again. I go through / in and out of pretty and awkward phases all the time.

• Lmao going through it now and it probably started when I was born

• Mine was from 5th to 7th grade. I was so weird.

• Question is: When will I quit the awkward phase?

• I'm still going through mine

• All of junior high

• Still awkward. I usually look like I'm going camping compared to other girls all dressed up nice. It is second nature (but an emotional struggle) to be comfortable physically and place more importance on intelligence and humor than looks. Also being highly introverted.

• I honestly don't remember having an awkward stage, there was a time around aged 13 in school where I had my first boyfriend. That lasted a month and my attitude completely changed to match his, glad I learned that lesson of life early on.

• 13 till 15 i think. I was the stereotype shy girl with braces and acne

• Ha Im still going through it!

• I thought you meant awkward personality๐Ÿ˜‚

• Oh no am I in mine?

• Middle school. I was chubby, covered in zits, and made poor fashion choices.

• 6th through about 10th grade! In middle school I had glasses and braces. Even when I got my braces off and got contacts, I still feel like I looked awkward because I could never quite figure out how to fix my hair! I now teach middle school (I think one reason I chose that age is because I am drawn to the middle school social and physical awkwardness). However, it seems the kids aren't as awkward as I was. I bet they will look back years from now and talk about how awkward they were, though!