What is a good office friendly outfit that is *very* warm for a cold office in winter?

What's the warmest outfit I can wear and still look professional at the office? Pictures would be lovely!

111

Most Helpful Guy

• Protip: The key to warmth is layering. The key to layering is your base layer. Pantyhose work great for this, even for a man. You can wear pantyhose under regular pants or even sweats and feel noticeably warmer. You can also wear sweatpants as long as they have cargo pockets. Pockets = professional. Same with sweaters/jackets/vests, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 10

• Wear a comfortable cotton bra if you do, cotton vest - it will give your body room to breathe.

Wear a casual smart dress. Wear a sweater, wear leggings or knee length socks with warm knee length boots.

Wear a scarf too.

When you go out wear a coat and gloves and hat. Make sure to cover your ears they get cold the most.

If hand warmers are allowed then wear them.

Can you sneak a heat pad or hot water bottle? Or a small fan heater?

Tip: make sure to keep feet and hands warm, if they are warm majority of your body will heat up.

• 0|0
    • I don't think any of those would come close to keeping me warm... but thanks for trying!

• I think you live in a warmer climate!

• where do u live? it is -2 in here

• I would go to a clothing store to sample their clothes. My winter jacket is perfect because it is made out of synthetic materials and is neither cold nor hot like naturally made clothes. For example - if I wear my jacket inside a building I am not hot. If I wear my jacket outside in the cold - I am not cold. Go to the store and explain to them you want this type of jacket - choose a high end - small sized - upper class clothing store. I got my jacket from Laura 1 year ago.

• You can layer. Put thermal tights and shirt, a cotton shirt, thick woolen pants and a nice knit blouse.

• Icebreaker of Craft underwear: the same I use for cycling in winter.

www.asadventure.com/.../icebreaker.html#

www.asadventure.com/.../lister.html#

• I think this would be a good idea! I wear a long sleeve tee and leggings under my clothes, but they don't' seem to work, maybe I need a layer that's meant to keep me warm! Do you ever wear this under normal clothes? Are they visible at all?

• You can use this under normal clothes and they are barely visible.

• Oh, I forgot to mention Odlo (my brother uses them):
      www.amazon.com/.../156-5752679-7792023

• A wool pants with a wool sweater / cardigan or a fleece jacket.
    Or you can wear a wool dress with wool tight.

• UGH I don't know HOW TO PUT PICTURES>

• just copy the link into the box :)

• 0|0
  • Coat + blouse + skirt + tights + scarf

• are you trying to stay warm at the office as well? or just like your commute? bc investing in a cute heavy jacket for the winter can be good to stay warm but if you're looking to stay warm in the office (not that i work in an office) i think sweaters and layers are your best friend. and you could wear thick tights w your dresses. some scarves are super cute and still rlly warm. if you wear a blazer you could get away with wearing a jacket during the day and it still going w your outfit