Why do a lot of black men think sneakers are appropriate formal attire?

Why do a lot of black men thing sneakers are appropriate formal attire?
I've seen this in real life too... Why?

1015

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they connect the price tag with formality - which just isn't the case...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm black, I wear dress shoes and suit for formal occasions. I think it was from being in the military for a few years. But I do not think it is just black guys who do this. I see kids of all colors doing it, I do not think the younger generation really likes dressing formal for anything, I've been to weddings and funerals and sure enough there is the guy who is in his dress shirt from prom that still fits, jeans and sketchers. And I have seen this guy in different races and I see girls of all colors dress like one of the wives on those sports wives shows.

I think we as people need to understand that the media knows what will get them views. The media knows that having a person of certain colors works better for certain stories and will get them more views. They know a story about a black school shooter will barely make a ripple but a white school shooter will have the nation on its knees. They know people would skim over a story about a white guy robbing a 7/11 but a story about a black guy robbing one will get everyone's attention.
    I won't call anyone racist here but your views of certain demographics maybe warped due to the media.