What should I wear to a company dinner party?

I decided to go to a company appreciation dinner party. What would be a good idea to wear? It's going to be at a Casual Dining buffet resturaunt. Would T shirt and jeans be fine or would you at least dress a little bit more conservative such as polo shirt and kakhis?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on a lot of factors... what kind of company is it? What's your usual work dress code at the office? What geographic area are we talking about -- because that actually matters. Who will be attending this dinner? Just people you work with or their families and friends? Will other people there, too... perhaps upper level management you've yet to meet? What are your goals at this company? All these things actually matter. Even if it's a 'party' it's still a work event and rules can apply.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Business casual? Probably want to go with khakis/slacks and polo/shirt/sweater.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Polo with jeans or kahki (depending on your style). Make sure the shoes blend in with the outfit and are clean. Good hygiene and cologne will seal the deal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Jeans and a polo should be fine :) Something dark though bc the table might be a mess with so many people.
    Have fun at the party :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Polo shirt and khakis would be the best option since it's not dressy but still professional just in case.

0|1
    0|0
  • well try a knee length dress, if you are not comfortable with knee length dress try a black trouser, with a white top and a blazer.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh hahahahaah so sorry hahahahahaha. lol if casual jeans, a white top t shirt and a blazer then a sneakers you will good i promise

• Better to be over dressed than underdressed. Go for the kakhis and polo.

0|1
    0|0
  • How big/prestigious of a company is this and what type of work do you do?

Did you try asking a few of your co-workers what they were planning on wearing? That might help. ^_^

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go with jeans and a polo shirt.

0|1
    0|0
  • Button down shirt, belt, and nice jeans.

0|1
    0|0
  • -jeans
    -collared shirt
    -suit jacket or coat

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say dark jeans and a Polo

0|1
    0|0
  • polo shirt and kakhis

0|1