How does a man (ME), not dress like a slob when living in south Florida when it is hot and humid?

i always hear girls saying to dress nicely and not like a slob I get that especially with wearing mismatched clothes, I know a lot of females don't like polos on men or prefer button ups or certain types of shoes but how do you really do that when pretty much jeans and a t shirt or shorts is considered common down here, you don't really see long sleeves and anything more than a t shirt starts to get hot and sweaty, I'm just trying to figure out what to wear besides jeans and a shirt considering dressing like sloppy is a turn off, I don't know what to choose it's not like up north where you can have an assortment of clothes because weather, any advice?
To add I'm thin so it's not like up north where I can wear jackets etc where the clothes give my body a better physique and look better on me.

12