Do you think the trend of girls shaving their heads should be stopped?

Tons of girls all over youtube and instagram shave their heads as a sign of feminism, self love or to show others that hair doesn't matter. Do you think this trend should be stopped?

Personally i think that it totally should because it looks everything other than beautiful and it destroys the meaning behind being feminine and shaving yor head doesn't change anything in the way society thinks. So no reason to make yourself look like a stereotypical lesbian!
  • Yes, it should be stopped!
    Vote A
  • No, it shouldn't be stopped!
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Agreed that it's unattractive, but I think people should be free to do whatever they want. How do you imagine stopping them anyway?

Besides, if you're the only girl with pretty hair while every other girl is bald, it might help you become the most popular girl out there.

3|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• why does it bother you is the question? Many people dont have a choice when it comes to having no hair because of illness. These girls are pretty much trying to stop beauty standards. But all you see is öh shaved heads"

2|1
    0|1
    • It's a whole other thing when they loose their hair as if they shave it

• asker how do you know WHY a person shaves the head. you dont. and its none of your business

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• We live in America and though we don't like certain trends, there's not much you can do about it. It's THEIR choice to be that way; if they want to express themselves in this manner, then so be it. You may voice you opinion as that is your right but don't expect them to care what you think. They aren't infringing on anyone's else's rights so no harm no foul. I'd just ignore it as it will probably pass soon enough...

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda want it to stop, but at the same time, I like it, it's like a filter.
    "Does she have her head shaved? Yes. Then she's a crazy feminist, don't approach" lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol. They think they're making a statement or some shit, but I bet most of them instantly regret it. It takes 15 minutes to cut off all your hair (less to just shave it), but years to grow it back fully.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it should be up to the woman, if she wants to do it, why not? Some women really rock the look, others, not so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • .. aren't you part of the problem if you somehow think that shaving off your hair "destroys the meaning behind being feminine"?

Just for context there have been plenty of times in history where its seen as civilized or fashionable to shave off your hair. The way society thinks changes all the time. Another example is how men used to wear bras because showing their breast in public (like on beaches) was considered as indecent exposure and this was not long ago at all.

Forcing people to be exposed to things like this might be crude but it will probably work in the long run.

2|0
    0|0
  • They can do what they want. Just like others can reject them. And when they throw a fit, they can reject that too.

Freedome of choice means freedom to reap consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. Their choice if they wanna look ugly.

1|2
    0|0
  • It looks horrible, I could never be attracted to a girl like that. You are 100% right it makes them look less feminie.

2|0
    0|0
  • they can do whatever they want to, but if my future wife or girlfriend is doing then she can find someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • People should do whatever they want with their hair. It doesn't influence my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its their head they can do whatever the fuck they want. Like I am an antifeminist and think they are dumb but I support their right to be stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, they could be jumping off skyscrapers to show off their feminism and I still wouldn't give a fuck. Everybody has issues I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • The fact that they're feminists makes them less attractive than the shaved head.

0|1
    1|1
  • Girls can do whatever they want with their hair it doesn't concern anyone else but them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, It makes it much easier to spot the girls who aren't quite as insane as they are.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, as a man i alway have the opyion to accept it or decline it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they want to be unattractive and "make the difference" it is their choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • no lol let them do it if they want, if people dont wanna date them for that look its their choice :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont really care what other people do with their hair.

I like long hair on girls though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is their personal choice to do it or not to do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• People can do whatever they want... get over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Or people can just do what they want? If you don't like shaved heads then don't shave your head. Why should other people conform to your preferences on their bodies?

5|3
    0|0
  • No. Shave it and paint it like an Easter egg if they want. I don't care.

2|5
    0|0
  • People can do what they want. Jesus, you need to stop being so concerned about other people and work on yourself. Sorry people aren't up to you standards of what a woman should be, but the world doesn't revolve around you. People like you are the reason these women are doing this...

0|0
    0|0
  • How exactly are we supposed to stop them? Lol. I think socks and sandals are ugly, should we make it illegal because of that?

No. That's stupid. Let them do what they want and don't watch those particular girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't noticed it, wouldn't do it myself if I had. If you don't want to look like that then don't follow the trend and go set your own style. But don't try to ban something just because you don't like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • If girls should stop shaving their heads then guys should stop growing their hair out. Like wtf, let people do what they want to themselves order for them to feel good about how they look.

0|1
    0|0
  • you sound ridiculous. its their head you have no vote. i dont see why you'd care unless you're a lesbian yourself. or a guy. even then no vote.

0|1
    0|0
  • we all have right to do what ever the hell we want with our hair, people like you annoy me so much tbh

1|1
    0|1
  • Hair is just hair, it grows back. By shaving it off, you don't prove anything. But if you like your head shaved, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly the fact that you think it makes them look less feminine is probably why they're doing it... no they shouldn't be stopped.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's their right to make that statement if they wish. Doesn't mean you have to do it. It would be boring if everyone were alike.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let them do what they want. It's their body and it's their choice. If you don't like it, don't worry about it

0|1
    0|0
  • It's frowned upon by many conservatives, but I don't care, because they can do whatever they want to their own hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's their head. They can shave it if they want to. I really don't care at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • A woman's hair is her crown but if they want to cut it off then let them... it's their choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a choice so everybody can do whatever they want.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just let them do what they want

0|1
    0|0
  • Who cares? It's their hair.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's of no importance.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls