What's the point of having really long hair if you almost always wear it up or in a pony tail?

I never really understood why some people only wear their hair down on special occasions, but mostly just throw it back in a pony tail every day of the year. Why is long hair so popular if so many women (or men) don't even want to bother with it most of the time?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you sort of need a longer hair style, to wear a ponytail or other similar do's. Perhaps that's why they have long hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• People grow their hair because they like it long themselves. They don't always do it in order to appeal to other people. Also, long ponytails look great compared to shorter ones. At least, they do in my opinion. My hair is medium-length and I usually keep it down, but I prefer longer hair and I find nothing wrong with ponytails.