Do you agree that handsomeness is the masculine version of beauty?

It makes sense.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
*Correction, I mean masculine version of pretty.

3|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do. I'll use the word " beautiful" if I see a women who I think is exceptionally good looking, but handsome if I see a man who I think is exceptionally good looking. So I use handsome for a man, and beautiful for a woman

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's the masculine version of prettyness. Beauty could refer to a lot of things

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Along with Personality that Highlights and Delights, Being a Man in Many other Ways... Shows this these Days.
    Beauty is just skin Deep.
    Thanks for the Kind Invite, dear. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • In modern society, yes that is the accepted use. But when my grandparents were in their 20s, "handsome" and "beautiful" were acceptably interchanged for both genders, although handsome was more commonly used.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not a pro in English, but I remember in Middle School, my English teacher told us, we can't say beautiful man, we say handsome man. So if what she said is true, my answer is: Yes I agree.

0|2
    0|0
  • In a way, yes. But I've used the word "beautiful" to describe men too and they weren't necessarily feminine men. And when I say that someone is a beautiful person, I don't always refer to looks. It depends

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I think both words amount to the same standard on each gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • More like the masculine equivalent of pretty.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I agree

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I agree.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes ofc

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Beauty is what draws men towards women. What is it that draws women towards men? It is a mixture of things - confidence, assertiveness, competency, financial security, ability to provide protection from aggressors, and physical attractiveness.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is handsomeness the same thing as beauty?

• Show All
    • That's what I wonder.

• None of us will ever know, because we either have a male perspective or a female perspective, but not both.

• Maybe. But "based off looks alone" who's more handsome? A handsome guy in a mcdonalds uniform. Or the same handsome guy in an Aston Martin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's what handsome means.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, that is the general use for both terms. :3

0|0
    0|0
    • It doesn't sound right to call a woman handsome and it doesn't sound right to call a man beautiful.

• That is correct. You also don't call a sunset "handsome". :3

• Pretty*

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah, duh

0|1
    0|0
  • I disagree.

0|0