Thoughts on dyed hair?

I really love dyed hair, especially unnatural colours. I makes people easier to find in a crowd and every time I see someone with cool coloured hair I think that person is automatically cool. I don't know about everybody else, but I'd definitely date someone with an unnatural coloured hair.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree that it looks good, but rather than "automatically cool" I think it makes them interesting, like I'd want to know the person. I dyed my hair myself, after I decided to turn my life around.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll be staring and thinking 'damn that color i want that too' or 'what kind of expensive treatment did she do to maintain that awesome hair'

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I like it, but it depends on the person. Some people look really good with dyed hair. The girl at Hot Topic the other day, for example. Others don't. The customer at the store I work at the other day, for whom dyed hair did nothing more than call attention to something that should not have been.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it. I've had my hair bright red and white before. I'm thinking of going dark blue :P

1|0
    0|0
  • I use to find it weird, but i have developed a fondness for it. When a girl can pull it of its cute and sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn't. it depends on the person

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes it looks hot but i mostly think it makes girls look trashy

0|0
    0|0
  • Especially in unnatural colors looks trashy.

1|0
    0|0
  • if it looks nice I don't mind

1|0
    0|0
  • Weird

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• Go for it! Just make sure you know what you're doing or go to someone else who does.

0|0
    0|0
  • it can look really nice on some depending on factors including but not limited to: hair texture, styling, face, etc

0|0
    0|0
  • As someone who has had her hair every unnatural colour, I learned that dudes on the internet claim to hate it, but more people in real life can really appreciate it. If done right it can be super cute and low-commitment as long as you transition to colours on the same end of the colour wheel (such as pink to red, or orange as an example, or blue to purple or green). The beautiful thing about these colours is that you can dye natural colours over them after fading.

The only thing you have to keep in mind is: you WILL have to bleach your hair to open the hair shaft, especially if you have dark hair. You WILL have to upkeep the hair colour and change your hair regime. And you WILL want black towels and pillow cases because it stains.

The good thing is though is after the initial bleaching, you won't need to rebleach anything but the roots and can continue to reapply colour, which is often paint based/vegan/both and non-damaging.

You're young, fart around with it and if you hate it? Dye over it. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it :P I've had my hair completely died blue, purple and red in the past then bleached it white, waited a few years and have recently begun dip-dyeing the ends. So far it's been dip-dyed pink then blue and is currently purple! :) Just gotta figure out what to go for after this one now.

1|0
    0|0
  • I LOVEE UNNATURAL HAIR COLORS TOO but all i can tell you is to find a good hair stylist because i once went to one to simply get light brown highlights for my hair and ended up having blond hair

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it can look really bad, trashy.. Especially if its way too bright and far from natural haircolor, but some can make it look kinda cute i guess, for example if it has faded out pretty.
    But i do not think it looks cool

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the person, colour and style. As with most things, it's good if done well.

I dye my hair, I love dying my hair. But I've also seen many a bad dye job in my day and let me say... it ain't all rose gardens out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always liked it but I'm too scared to bleach my hair, because as much as I like unnatural colours i like my natural colour too. I've only ever used manic panic over my natural colour and it gave me more of a tint you could see in the sunlight.

0|0
    0|0
  • my hair is black and I have neon purple highlights. I think its freaking awesome but a lot of people don't like it...

0|0
    0|0
  • I like colored hair and I want to do it but I'm scared.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have lots of fire engine red peek-a-boos and I love it get good reviews.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's definitely cool when they get bald too lmao :)

0|0
    1|0
  • My hair is bunch of unnatural colors. I love it!!

1|0
    0|0
  • some look good

0|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE it!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't mind it, as long as it is done nicely and not cheap looking, and of course, the colour has to suit the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Im not really a big fan of unnatural hair colors. It makes the person look "off" or "fake" or just unnatural, especially if their whole head was dyed pink for example. I just prefer natural hair colors.

Thats just my opinion though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wonder what you are rebelling against.

0|0
    0|0
  • are you a gemi?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes