I'm a kindergarten teacher and I need help on what to wear?

So my problem is that I have bus duty in the morning, then class, then recess, then class, then lunch duty, then class, then recess, then class, then bus duty. Each time I have to go outside in the freezing cold.

So it's impossible to get dressed and undressed 6 times in one day! Especially since I have to help the kids get dressed in their snowsuits.

I have no idea what I can wear, any help is greatly appreciated!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Layers.
    They are warm
    They have a wide temperature range and still be comfortable. If you are not outside too long they can be good from mildly freezing temperatures, or inside a heated room, without changing a thing. If it gets colder than that, or for longer periods, you can throw on a light jacket and be good in all but the coldest temperatures.
    Only the outer layer shows. Or maybe an inner layer at the neckline. So you don't have to worry about what most of it looks like.
    In colder weather a scarf does wonders. Throwing on a wool scarf takes two seconds. And they look good too.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• pants, boots, winter jacket with the hat and mitts tucked in the sleeves so you can slip them on super fast... doesn't sound that hard to me... oh and winter boots. You are an adult assuming you have everything close buy it should take you just a few seconds to get your clothes on

0|0
    0|0
    • It actually takes more than a few seconds to do all that! Even then my legs are freezing! I have no clue what to do.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• i'm a bit confused. why can't you just wear your normal outfit for the times you are inside and slap on a warm coat, gloves, scarf and hat (or whatever is necessary) when going outside... perhaps if a coat isn't warm enough bring a sweater to put on under teh coat OR get a better coat

1|0
    0|0
  • Layers are key here. I work in a cooler. It's 46 degrees in there on a good day. Layer up - you can do that easily, and add/remove layers as needed. Props to you for what you do, I couldn't do that!

1|1
    0|0
  • Anything comfortable, someone's you feel comfortable and warm in, in whatever weather you have in your area where you Live.

So a jumper if it is cold, a coat if you need to, if it is snowing then gloves and a scarf. Helps the Little children with putting on their coats if you need to ☺💕😌😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Leggings or something you can pull warmer pants like jogging pants over quickly. Or tearaway pants/snow pants over your normal pants.

Quickly removable boots and slip on shoes are good too.

girlfriend is an ECE and that's how she does it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say a pair of skinny jeans, with knee high boots. For a shirt a flannel or some long sleeve shirt and have a parka when you go outside.

Also feel free to message me for help with this. I love fashion and helping people out with it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear hat and gloves. Maybe get a heavier longer jacket. Not the most flattering coats but carhartt are really warm. They also make jeans that have flannel on the inside if your that cold.

1|0
    0|0
  • YOu'll need to dress in layers. An overcoat and a sweater for outdoors, things you can get on and off quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just wear normal clothes and put on a coat, hat, and gloves.

2|3
    0|0
  • What's wrong with tee-shirts and jeans? Or maybe a blouse and jeans. You can easily put a winter coat on over your shirt or blouse...

I'm not sure I understand the question.

0|0
    0|0
    • Those of us in the school system.. we usually have a dress code and jeans are not apart of them lol

• Show All
    • Then they should supply you with uniforms...

• It's really simple. Casual but not business casual. Jeans in my system can be worn on fridays but it's like a $2 "fee" that goes to relay for life. She can wear slacks, knee length skirts, leggings with the appropriate top with flats. Or he'll even silly shirts because it's kindergarten.

• Obviously something that covers your boobs and don't wear a skirt... make sure its comfortable cos you'll be in a lot of awkward positions like kneeling and bending ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Put coat on, take coat off, put coat on again.
    Hang it up when you're not wearing it.
    Simple.

1|1
    0|0
  • There's no need to undress. Just wear pants, blouse, and flats-sweater.

0|0
    0|0
  • mini skirt, pink bra...

0|1
    0|0
  • thermal underwear

0|0
    0|0
  • Long heavy parka, down filled.

I'm assuming freezing cold means well under freezing point.

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...en's+Kensington+Parka.jpg

That sort of thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • business formal

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, but always keep your nose clean. They are short and are always looking up at you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pants! If you wear a skirt you'll be freezing and kids might try to look up your skirt. Then bring a coat.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• wear long sleeved shirt made of really warm material

0|0
    0|0
  • Layers. Thermal tights and synthetic blouse underneath, then thick pants and wool shirt , your coat, gloves, scarf and a warm hat. You just remove or add them according to how you feel

1|0
    0|0
    • I think thermal tights are a good idea! Do you ever feel too warm in them if you are inside for a long time? I don't have time to change out of them 6 times every day!

• Yes, if you are inside they might feel too warm. Personally I wear thin nylon tights instead, and a long coat.

• Is it hard to wear a normal outfit with pants and then put boots/coat on for outside and have normal flats for inside?

1|1
    0|0
    • Yep I can put on a coat but boots take a bit of time. However I still end up with freezing legs!

• I understand that lol I wouldn't want to be outside.

But... seems like the solution.

• I would wear a smart t-shirt or light blouse so you can move freely when you need to, when dressing and helping kids etc then a plain button down cardigan for warmth and formality then a coat for all you outside duties. I would wear professional straight leg trousers or fitted trousers.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can wear dress pants and a turtle neck, that way your coat will be the only thing you're taking off and on.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wore dress pants last week and my legs hurt so bad from the cold, they felt like icicles!

• Try wearing nylons under!

• Hm some jeans either tan or black or dark blue fitted.
    A nice button down shirt. Layer a sweater on top and place a statement necklace on top

Riding boots 😍 Or heels 👠

0|1
    0|0
  • You can wear dress pants with a nice button up shirt/long sleeve shirt with nice jewelry. You can wear a trench coat with this with a scarf. You can also wear a lonsleve dress with leggings, jewelry, trench coat, and scarf. 👌🏽💁🏾😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Layers!!! Wear a sweater or something that's easy to remove and put on when you need to be outside/inside

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks, but I'm talking freezing temps, a sweater won't help! Even my legs are like icicles!

• Clothes.

Leggings and a summer top with a winter cardi and a coat would be a good start. Layers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pea coat, jeans and 2" or 3" knee high winter boot with Gtex.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes