Mascara on false lashes?

I just FINALLY perfected the art of putting on false eyelashes, and I love how they look. I'd like to use each pair of lashes a few times, though, as falsies are not cheap, but I don't want it to look super obvious that they're fake. Do you have to put mascara on falsies to blend them in with your natural lashes? I've read that you can't use mascara on them if you want to reuse them. I've found lots of conflicting information online about this, so I'm not sure what I should do.
Updates:
I always put mascara on my real lashes, I just wasn't sure about putting them on the false ones.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Uhm... ok, so... guy here. I've got nothing. I wish I could help, but in this realm I'm as powerless as a kitten against a lion.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I put a coat on my lashes before applying and then a light coat after to blend. After I remove, I use a q tip and water to gently clean the lashes. I can usually get 3 wears out of a set. (I predominantly use strip lashes FYI)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Call me old-fashioned but I prefer mascara on my girl

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• i never put mascara on fake lashes because i reuse them (although they sell fake lash cleansing solution) but for shoots yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • What I do is use eyelash curler with my natural lashes, then put black lining on my eyelids and put the falsies. Didn't use any mascara then cause it wouldn't look all natural and sometimes get clumpy. 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes you definitely do! Otherwise your natural lashes will look a little separated from your fake lashes. I would also recommend putting a little eyeliner to mask the black strip that the falsies leave.

Source: a girl obsessed with false lashes and makeup tutorial vids :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had lash extensions for 7 years now, but before then used small falsies and just gently brushed them once the glue dried to blend with my natural lashes. I could reuse them for a lot longer then

0|0
    0|0
  • Mascara. Those things requires glue and I saw a girl in the paper that had swollen everything on her face because she was allergic to the it. I've never used it and I never will. Even if I wanted to, that story has discouraged me and that wasn't the only time I'd seen that sort of thing happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just but the mascara on the part where your lashes normally would go so they're the same color as the false lashes! They're still reusable you do need to remove the glue off the lash band to reuse them tho

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not try putting mascara on your own lashes before applying them, so that they're all the same colour?

0|0
    0|0
  • Eyelash extensions are the way to go!

When I used to wear falsies though, I'd mascara first, then falsies, and then curl :)

0|0
    0|0
  • you should apply mascara before applying falsies. they'll blend but it won't ruin your lashes. i learned from experience!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always put mascara on my lashes but not the false lashes

0|0
    0|0
  • Hello, I use mascara to blend my lashes and I get at least 5 wears out of them. Is that good for you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Putting on mascara will help hide the falsie with your natural lash line

0|0
    0|0
  • Falsies all the way

0|0
    0|0
  • Mascara. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the point of false eyelashes? :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure. I don't use falsies because they are too small for my eyes usually. I would like to see what they look like on me. Sadly, I don't think I will ever know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't put mascara on the false lashes because it will make it so you can't rewear them. They get clumpy and gross. Instead, apply mascara on your natural lashes first then apply your falsies. To blend them, curl them once the false lashes are applied

0|0
    1|0
  • mascara it is

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes