Mascara on false lashes?

I just FINALLY perfected the art of putting on false eyelashes, and I love how they look. I'd like to use each pair of lashes a few times, though, as falsies are not cheap, but I don't want it to look super obvious that they're fake. Do you have to put mascara on falsies to blend them in with your natural lashes? I've read that you can't use mascara on them if you want to reuse them. I've found lots of conflicting information online about this, so I'm not sure what I should do.
I always put mascara on my real lashes, I just wasn't sure about putting them on the false ones.

192

Most Helpful Guy

• Uhm... ok, so... guy here. I've got nothing. I wish I could help, but in this realm I'm as powerless as a kitten against a lion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I put a coat on my lashes before applying and then a light coat after to blend. After I remove, I use a q tip and water to gently clean the lashes. I can usually get 3 wears out of a set. (I predominantly use strip lashes FYI)