So can you accept makeup on a girl or not?

Apparently I'm just asking the age-old question of whether guys tend to go for the makeup girl or bare-face girl (the topic will forever be interesting to me, I don't know why). I do understand that some guys may say "oh it doesn't matter" or "of course the bare-face, I'm au naturel myself".

But seriously, I don't think anyone is entirely deprived of their senses, and we are bound to choose to the prettier one. And please don't give me the bs about how guys will choose the bare-faced girl who is prettier than those who does makeup. Chances are she have put some makeup Makeup on, but just very lightly. Makeup is a tool that can make anyone look better.

Also, guys seem to often go for the heavy makeup girl (think of the current women makeup trend: full lips with matte lipstick, glittery eyes and thick af eyebrows), so I'm just really confused as to which one do guys actually prefer. Shoot me your honest opinions, I wanna hear.
  • Heavy makeup.
    Vote A
  • Light makeup.
    Vote B
  • None whatsoever.
    Vote C
  • A normal amount.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Oh I'm gonna sound so basic: I can't believe so many people prefer the light makeup look... my pov is totally changed. And this is only 15min in.
I think the poll is almost settled. But I wonder if there's guys who think makeup can be done just for the girl's own entertainment? Example: I do mine sometimes heavily because I like painting, and "painting" a face gives me immense satisifaction as well. Any thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's pretty simple. If you're a 9 or 10 without makeup, then we prefer if you wear none, because in the end, natural beauty is more appreciated than fake beauty.
    But if you're below a 9 (like most girls), then yeah, wear some makeup because it's gonna make you look better, but don't cake it, just wear the "no-makeup" look.

The reason why guys go for the girls with makeup is because we have no choice, since girls always wear makeup, and most girls are average or slightly above, so if they were no makeup, they're gonna look worse than the ones that do wear makeup.
    If most girls were 9's and 10's and not wear makeup, we would choose them over the ones with makeup.

4|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls look really good with light to no makeup (just brows done or something) which I envy. I personally don't like too heavy makeup, even when I go out I feel like as much as I try, I never really go hard out. My boyfriend likes that I'm natural and not hard out with my makeup but he also finds it sexy when occasionally I put on my false lashes and get dolled up when we go out.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• I vote D. of course 'normal amount' is in the ye of the beholder. For daily companions, i don't like makeup, but for work or formal occasions, I don't mind makeup so long as it's not attention-seeking and really overdone. How much is 'right' depends on someone's age, social status,, and the place you are in physically, as well as other more subtle factors. makeup has its place, in other words, but it isn't going to make someone love you.

3|2
    0|0
    • I didn't think about how people associate certain looks (with or without makeup) with social statuses etc. You made some good points there. 👌🏼

• What we want, is a girl who's confident in her natural face, and doesn't need makeup. This is where the "natural makeup" comes into the picture. By now, I'm just saying what many other are saying as well, but if you feel like makeup is needed, make it look natural.. Cakes are good, but not on your face. :3

1|1
    0|0
  • I tend to like light make-up on most girls. I have been with a natural beauty who actually looked fantastic to me without make-up (I am pretty sure she had no make-up whatsoever since we spent a good deal of intimate time together and I saw the before and after). Those are rare though.

As to guys going after girls who put on heavy make-up, I don't want to generalize but some of those types are attention seekers. They post lots of selfies, flirt extra heavily with guys. They're kind of easy to go after if they're interested in a guy since it becomes pretty obvious. At least I dated one of those and when it came to figuring out whether or not a girl liked me, she made it pretty obvious with super heavy flirting (she actually kissed me out of the blue at a night club). Guys don't necessarily always go after the best-looking girls.

1|0
    0|0
    • I should make it clear not all girls who wear heavy make-up are like those I described, maybe not even a majority. But the ones who look like instagram models and post endless selfies and tend to hog up social media with useless posts -- that type -- guys can go after them since they tend to make it pretty obvious when they like a guy.

• Show All
    • personal, sorry.

• See? This is literally what I meant. I'm so glad a guy understands that sometimes makeup is part of our self-image and can be used to express individuality. Thank you for the honest and (getting cheesy here) heartfelt answers. Power to you for being rational and not one-sided.

• You said it yourself, it a tool to make anyone look better. So yea we are going to be attracted to a girl who wears makeup. For me though as a rule of thumb, yes I love girls who can be all natural/ wear little to no make up, if I think I'm being with two different girls. One with the makeup on and one with makeup off then tippically I stay away from those girls as that to much for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything's fine, but it ranges from situation to situation. I treat makeup similarly to war-paint, so I love to see what kind of intricate designs people come up with. But I don't necessarily recoil in disgust at someone going natural, either (in fact, I usually prefer it in everyday situations).

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm all for a girl doing what works for her what makes her more comfortable.

that is why I don't like the wording of the question - I can and do accept whatever a person wants in the way of make up.
    my personal opinion, I don't like it. But it's not my face.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like makeup on a girl, but only if they know how to do it right. By the way, I like the makeup in the picture above. It reminds me of Katniss Everdeen when she was riding that chariot in 'Catching Fire'.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would like it if there was none of it on her face. 100% natural is the best for me. Makeup just seems like fake advertising - I want to actually see the real face of the person I am dating, not a doll.

And before women get triggered - yes I am fully aware that girls "don't naturally have clean skin and red lips + eyeliner". I know. I know. None the less, I still don't like either of those.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a rule of thumb if she needs makeup to not be ugly then she doesn't interest me (ie does she still make me hard in the morning when her makeup from the night before is all over her pillow and her hair is messed up, or is it simply because I have to pee?). Some need it, some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can. I also understand that some women like to put make up on for themselves. If it's a once in awhile thing, I'd think that's ok (if I were to date her).

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to choose someone that catches my eye regardless of her make up. Depends on the woman's overall look and her personality. I've fallen for women whom have had heavy make up to no make up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Every time I look at a woman with heavy make up I always wonder what's she's trying to hide underneath, ngl Some heavy make up almost looks like they painted their face 😭 Embrace how you look like 👌🏽

0|1
    0|1
  • I mean, you can do whatever you want with your face, is your face :D I just don't like heavy make up for two reasons:
    N1 - Heavy Make-Up are the aggressive style, while I prefer the cute next-door girl style.
    N2 - I would like to get to sleep and wake up with the same person, if you know what I mean.

0|0
    0|0
  • light is the way to go... makeup is supposed to accentuate not dominate...

1|0
    0|0
  • Some makeups good, some is god awful, some girls look ok, some girls should jut wash their face, guys can fuck just about anything, just close your eyes and itll be ok

0|0
    0|0
    • Tf did I just read 😅

• Show All
    • Its ok i was just poking you to get a reaction, but you gave me a calm, rational response, cheers

• Uh I'll take that as a compliment lol peace

• Kardashian level makeup is too much and lying pretty much. Make up ruined this girl's skin that I liked.

1|0
    1|0
    • I think one of the Kardashians or wannabes gave me a thumbs down, Makeup will suck the moisture and oils out of your skin they replace any natural tolerance your skin has to the environment. Just look at people that have never worn makeup, you notice that as they age they tend to look a lot younger.

• I like women with makeup on as long as it is not heavy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Light followed by none. Unless you're going dracula or zombie for the haloween, heavily is plain ridiculous.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would go on none that my atual preference and I would accept a little ammout if the person feel more confortable like that. Still I prefer on none.

0|0
    0|0
  • makeup for me is turnoff... it's like my girlfriend is not confident enough

0|0
    2|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• I usually keep my makeup pretty light because whenever I try actually doing full on eyeshadow an stuff like all the instagram girls and youtube gurus... I always look like a damn panda D':

1|0
    0|0
    • #pandagirls lol I thought I was the only one..🙈

• Show All
    • I get you girl, you look much expensive (better) in the profile pic. Lol thanks for the visuals

• How about who cares? Women don't actually wear makeup to attract men (Seriously, do you think a guy will care whether I am using the right shade of blush, or if my eyebrows are on point, or if my lip color matches my eye makeup? Puh-Lease). Women wear it because it's an art form, for fun, and to impress other women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Light make-up is the best. Men don't want to be deceived by thick layers of whatever all over the girl's face. However, like you said, it makes everyone look better. Natural make-up allows you to emphasize your features while still looking like yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what men think tbh, I like wearing makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why guys hate makeup so much... I mean, we wear it for us, because we like it, not to impress them.
    I don't even know how to contour and highlight... it's pure sorcery for me 😂 but i do wear makeup. I don't feel better or more confident with it, I just simply like it. 😊 I usually wear foundation and a translucent powder (get rid of that shine), mascara and lip balm. Rarely some eyeshadow or eyeliner. Oh, and some rosy blush (just a little bit). I fill my brows too, but slightly... not drawing them.

1|0
    1|1
  • I already answered lmao since you answered mine.
    Me and @SimmeRules wear heavy makeup ourselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like so much makeup. In some girls it can look nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • image eating those matte lips !
    caked cheeks !
    and fake eye lashes!
    of! course men love make-up!

0|0
    0|0
  • Majority prefer light makeup. Clowns are scary!

0|2
    0|0
  • You could have searched this and found oh, about a thousand other questions on it. Guys like pretty, that's all there is to it. If you're pretty without makeup they'll like it. If you look pretty with makeup and not to overdone/clownish they'll like it. They're honestly not picky.

0|0
    0|0
  • light make up is okay but i prefer natural look

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes