If I am Egyptian can I get cornrows or dreads?

• Yes you can
    Vote A
  • No you can't
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Or would that be cultural appropriation

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Cultural appropriation is a nonsensical concept that has zero backing. Every culture appropriated something. That's what culture does.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's true and ancient Egyptians are the ones who used the dreading method , I just don't want people coming for me 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• If I wasn't in bed, I would rolling around on the floor laughing my cute ass off !

Seriously? Do black people think "I wonder if this is cultural appropriation if I straighten my hair" before they straighten their kinky afro hair?

Get out of town with your cornrowed dreads blowing in the wind !!

1|0
    0|0
    • Omg I am laughing 😂😂😂😂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Do you have hair? Then you can get cornrows and dreads.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want it, you can get it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I heard some people see it as racists, although I can't see how they come to that conclusion.. Myself, I cannot see it as anything other than a compliment to their culture. If we stopped making use of things invented/used in other cultures/regions, there's a bunch of everyday tools we'd be losing. As I said, I see it as a sort of compliment to ones culture.

• Yeah that's true , and acient Egyptians are the ones who used the dreading method a long time ago , I just don't want anyone getting mad at me

• That is very understandable, noone wants that.. But they have no reason to be, and those that does it anyway are ignorant people who doesn't know better. It's like getting mad at someone for having straight hair, kind of nonsensical, don't you think? :3

• why not ita your life

1|0
    0|0
    • Because I am light skinned and some people might think it's cultural appropriation

• people are there for talking only

• if it suits on you probably they start following your trend 😉

• Don't care about cultural appropriation, people will whine about literally everything these days

1|0
    0|0
  • Could and should are two different things.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Do you have hair that benefits from long term braiding?

1|0
    0|1
    • Yeah I find when I braid my hair it grows faster and it becomes stronger

• Then go for it. I have lame white girl hair so I know mine would break and dry out.

• The Scandinavians had ZERO previous interactions with the Egyptians when the Vikings started wearing them. Both cultures came up with them individually with no influence.

1|1
    0|0
  • Do WHATEVER YOU WANT with your hair. This is 2017, you do what makes you happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • i'm African American. we don't own cornrows or dreads. you do you :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not

1|0
    0|0
    • Because some people see it as cultural appropriation

• Some people are just overly sensitive. It's a hairstyle. You do you.

• Thanks girl 🤗

• sure you can

1|0
    0|0
  • go for it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes