Girls, Ok, how is it many girls can't balance in heels, but then I see this video? Are they really too hard to balance in?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard enough to walk a tightrope in flats, let alone in heels. It's something that requires a huge amount of practice and preparation and probably a fair amount of natural talent as well. Asking why normal women have a hard time with heels based on one person walking a tightrope in them is like asking why most guys would have a hard time pulling a dining room table around with their penis when this guy can pull a truck with his.
    www.eastbaytimes.com/.../

2|0
    0|0
    • Also, to answer your real question, balancing in heels and walking gracefully in them requires a lot of strength and muscular control. It takes practice, it's tiring, and it can be really uncomfortable or even painful. So how good a woman is at walking in heels depends on a huge combination of factors- how much practice she has had, how strong she is, how comfortable her feet feel in them, etc.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• They're easy to even run around in them when you have long wide feet like I do. It seems like people with the biggest feet get the tallest heels, which is funny because they're already the tallest girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • They take some time getting used to, most girls don't wear heels often or very tall heels often and so when they're in heels or taller heels look wobbly and unsteady. Also if they are wearing a new pair of heels, they take some time to break in.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does take some getting used to, but I've been wearing them most of my life and almost daily, so I don't give it much thought. I'm short, so I like the height and look that I get from wearing them. Helps, with comfort, to buy quality heels, too. The cheapo ones are hell, sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • She cheated in four ways.
    1. She wore specialized shoes
    2. She walked back instead of walking to the finish line like she planned to do
    3. She had a specialized rope designed to reduce friction
    4. SHE USED A FAN!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Heels aren't that bad I actually love them I'm 5'3 so I'm a little shrimp and I need the height they give me lol but nah u gotta choose the right size for you and that varies from person to person I know eloped who would die if they wore anything above two inches but I can run in five inches so lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes a bit of practice, but I got used to them after awhile. Balancing like the woman in the video takes some talent though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl. I can walk, run, balance, do just about anything in heels but I attribute that to the fact that I was a professional ballet dancer in my teens and early twenties so I'm used to being on my toes and balancing.

0|0
    0|0
  • After awhile I got used to wearing them however I wear a mid heel mostly though.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are extremely difficult to walk in. She's a beast

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't find it hard to walk in heels at all but I still couldn't walk on the tight rope :p That's a completely different kind of balance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can do pretty much anything in heels (even the one foot balance while putting on the other shoe at the end of the TSA check on a 4.8" mule pair), the lowest I wear is 4" (no platform), but I have been wearing them since very young, my first official pair was 4" at age 14 for my EoY. I have worn them ever since, so, I have had a lot of practice in many situations. What the woman in the video did, is a different game, she doesn't use the heels to balance, if you pay attention closely, she is using the ball of the foot, and then she places the heel before moving again... and then there is the fan... and I bet years and years of practice.

0|0
    0|0
    • Just to add a note to the TSA claim, I just did it, I don't do that often... and yes, my lowest heels are 4"

• Put a pair on, get a tight rope, and do that. Then get back to me bucko.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe some circuspeople can do it but I cannot walk decently on the pavement with those heels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Throw some heels on then ask that question

0|0
    0|0
  • guys are lucky they don't have to wear heels

0|0
    0|0
  • I would make a fool of myself lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes