Are there more beautiful women than good looking men?

It's more common with pretty females than males? If that's true, is that biologically or caused by the society? I knows beauty is the eye of the beholder; subjective. But I've seen more pretty girls than handsome guys and I'm not attracted to women.
  • Yes (Explain how)
    Vote A
  • No (Explain why)
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I'm talking about physical appearance. I'm wondering if there are more pretty women than handsome/good looking guys. Are good looking guys more rare?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I mean of course men won't match women on the PRETTY scale, but on attractiveness levels I much prefer men when we're talking about what I prefer to oggle.

Gimme dat stocky, solid boddeeeehh.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm only attracted to men. I thinks Chris Hemsworth, Liam Hemsworth and Aidan Turner is very hot. But there are very few guys who's as good looking as them. Most men are average or less. But I've seen more pretty or cute women and girls out there. I'm wondering if pretty women are more common than handsome guys, or it's just their makeup or our society?

• I think it's just that women inherently groom and care for themselves more that gives them the appearance that there are more attractive women than men, because the average guy doesn't go through half of the shit they do for their appearance.

• Makes sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say yes. The fact that men are usually more aggressive and more likely to fight is an evolutionary trait that ensures that only the strongest men get to reproduce. Groups of gorillas are led by strong alpha males, that are only the males allowed to mate with the females. Omega males can tag along, but they won't be allowed to mate, unless if they can prove themselves. Humans are very similar, but we don't judge each other on our ability to fight, we judge each other on our looks. Strong is sexy, and good looking males faces can take punches better.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• i voted no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could it be because of make-up? Guys don't have any chances to have an evolution for their looks, you see them the way they are. As a girl, I put on literally zero make-up, not even concealer or lipstick. If you look at models' pics 'WITHOUT' make-up, you'll spot concealer and a little bit mascara, no model shares herself with zero make-up on!

0|2
    0|0
  • Well, I like my men masculine and handsome, not pretty.

0|2
    0|0
    • Same. I updated my question, since many misunderstood it: Is there more beautiful (pretty/cute) women than handsome/good looking men?

• I wish I could explain how but I agree with your statement that "I've seen more pretty girls than handsome guys and I'm not attracted to women."

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you think it's because of the makeup, styling and that's more common for women to spend more time at their appearance? Or do you think it's biological or the society?

• Biological. And kinda makeup too :b. I know some girls can do magic with makeup.

• I think women because I think women hold fat better than men (women are naturally fattier than men too so makes sense) so if a woman is overweight she tends to hold it in a more flattering way whereas men get beer guts. Women tend to be less hairy too which to me is more asthetically pleasing. But it's all relative

0|0
    0|0
  • Come on, is there any way to say who is beautiful and who is not? that is personal opinion... I'd day this can't be answered objectively. I don't mean to be rude though

1|1
    0|0
  • I think back in the day this may have been true but nowadays guys primp and fuss as much as women and look much better for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted no because i'm straight. I can't judge the looks of women in the same way that you can, and you can't judge the looks of men in the same way that I can.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not attracted to women. But I've seen more pretty or cute women than handsome/good looking men.

• Show All
    • Our because the society looks down on men who wears makeup and therefor there aren't many men who wears it?

• That's not what I said. At all.

• No, neither is more beautiful I think each have their own kind of beauty. It might seem like women are more attractive but I think that's because men don't pay as much attention to their appearance as women do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, women have evolved to be more attractive to attract a mate.

Jk. I think it's about even, us gals have makeup so it's hard to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • I picked no, good lucking guys aren't more rare i see them every day, more so than good looking girls lol

0|0
    0|0
  • There are more women than men on earth, so that means there's proportionally more attractive women.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm attracted to men so is this a trick question? 😂..

0|0
    0|0
    • Same here. But from my own experience, good looking men is more rare than pretty women.

• No. If only men paid more attention to their looks as women..

0|0
    0|0
  • No, guys and girls are mostly average

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • I picked NO

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its more common to see a lot of attractive people these days so no.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Yes it's biological, every girl is beautiful no matter what they are beautiful in their own and unique way where as when coming to boys we are not that attractive unless we hit the gym. And the other thing is it's natural that we attract to other genders easily.

2|0
    1|0
  • In general more women tend to be more beautiful then same number of men because they tend to find partners easier. On the other hand physical beauty is not number one on the women's list of desirable traits in men. Natural selection at it's finest!

0|1
    0|0
  • That's incorrect. I'm a straight man so I can only appreciate beauty in women. Men aren't supposed to look "pretty" since that would make them look feninine, no offense. Men are meant to look handsome which is the masculine version of pretty.

0|0
    0|0
    • I thinks Chris Hemsworth is handsome and most men aren't as handsome as him in my opinion. Most men is average or less for me, and I've seen more pretty/cute women compared to handsome men.

• It's only thought of this way since women pay vastly more attention to their own looks than men do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Naw, I think the same amount of both men and women are naturally good looking. While women make themselves up with make up and hair, guys are more natural and girls seem to like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • women have more to their personality and their complications, and the fact that they survive all their weird problems makes the beautiful ones even hotter

1|0
    0|0
    • oh then in that case yes because lots women have big butts

• Nope...
    I haven't seen more beautiful women than good looking men because most people look so plain that I can't tell which gender generally looks better or which gender has more beautiful people in it. I've seen ugly people of each gender and beautiful people of each gender. It all equals out if we keep our appearances natural. The rating scale (1-10) averages for each gender (and all people) looks like a bell shaped curve with 5 being the average (middle)…
    www.mathsisfun.com/.../...l-distrubution-large.gif
    Despite how people generally tend to overrate and underrate each other…

1|0
    0|0
  • no, most of the women who would have outstandingly beautiful if they were born 40 years ago are fat now so therefore disgusting

0|0
    0|0
  • Beautiful women without make-up, than good looking men? In that case I'd say men, because they don't need as much preparation as women to look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest it is impossible to determine, for one I only like women so I wouldn't know if a guy looks good, furthermore each perception of beauty is different, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and one person someone might think is attractive another will find unattractive, plus beauty has been warped and twisted to unattural unachievable standards by the news and media, it doesn't accept all kinds of looks it only focuses on the looks the people in charge likes then brain washes everyone into thinking that's the only way to be attractive when that's pure balderdash, there's more then one look that's attractive and there's more then one way to be attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • No, German men are beautiful while German girls are ugly.

0|1
    1|0
  • Beauty is a subjective concept so it's hard to say

0|1
    0|0
  • does it really matter?

0|1
    0|0
  • cause men have lower standards

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|0
    0|0
  • The male orgasm is more important than the female orgasm for procreation, so yeah, women are probably more naturally good looking than men.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes