Do you have to wear all black at a funeral?

I don't have a black skirt, and it's too cold to just wear a blouse, I'll need something over it, but I don't have anything black, or black shoes. If I wear white and black and possibly brown, is it disrespectful?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you don't, but you DO have to take funeral dress up tips from Caitlyn Jenner.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly you can wear anything, color doesn't have to do with anything at a funeral except make it seem more sorrowful than it should be. Wear white. White is such a nice light color, it gives you a breath of fresh air.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• its respectful to wear black.
    it really goes south when you dont.

had a friends funeral a few months back, everyone dressed casually from what i saw, in amazed no one killed them with the looks they got when the left the funeral

0|1
    0|0
  • Dark, does not have to be black.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I wore a black and white dress to a funeral recently. No one said anything, I think it was okay. I think as long as the outfi is kinda... mostly black, it should be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I actually like some color. It's already sad enough without everyone wearing black. I've never been to a funeral where everyone wore black.

0|0
    0|0
  • just dress in dark colors. black is perfered, but overall try to keep it dark and you'll be fine

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a funeral. You're there for the dead person it's not a fashion show. I think funerals should be a celebration of life where people wear colour.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes