I want to dye my hair, any tips or warnings?

Want to dye my hair a rose gold color and my original hair color is brown. But Im worried I won't get back my original color, and I've never dyed my hair before so this will my first time!

Wanted to do this as a way of rewarding for my weight loss!

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're Asian please go straight to platinum silver

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll likely have to bleach your hair, which can be pricey. Just make sure that you like the colour you'll be dyeing it because it'll still be semi-permanent. I would suggest going to a professional for your first time as a bleach and dye can get pretty messy. You might also want to try dyeing strands of your hair first before going completely rose gold.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you know how often you have to get your hair redyed each time?

• Show All
    • Oh okay thats good; If it was weekly would of never bothered.
      Thank you!

• You're welcome :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Is your father alive?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 22

• Congratulations on your weight loss! I dyed a streak of my hair blue at the end of December and it's turning green by now. You will never get back to your original hair color seeing as your hair would have to be bleached. But if you want to, go for it! Try to get shampoos and conditioners for color treated hair. If you don't want all of your hair to eventually get messed up a bit with the original color, I'd put a streak and see how I liked it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will not get your original color back until it grows out. Even if it says it's not permanent. Lies. It's seems you will be going lighter if so definitely will not ever get it back because you are taking color away. If you are going darker then it will wash out and you will get close enough back to your original color roots would probably not be an issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do a patch test on skin
    Do a patch test on a piece of hair to make sure it goes the correct colour you want, just do a tip, 3 centimetres or so.
    Avoid peroxide bleach if you value the texture of your hair
    Get it dyed professionally

0|0
    0|0
  • Rose gold is hard to achieve, trust me I tried. My hair is currently hot pink. If you want it go to a salon. The only way you'll get your natural hair back is by either stripping it or growing it out.

Be aware you will have to bleach it till it's white.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to a professional. After, have good salon quality shampoo (color safe I. e. Bed head, mailbu vegan color wellness, or cat walk) and ALWAYS wash hair in cool water (and correctly). After hair is colored wait 2 days before washing again. Great job too!

0|0
    0|0
  • Buy coconut oil you ll need it. Apply it like a mask all the night 1 time per week.
    Buy a good conditioner (who hydrate) and avoid to use Straightener.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your hair will grow out in its original color if it's your first dye job go to a professional especially since you're going to have to bleach it

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should just do it girl! At some point if you want your old hair color back just dye it the same color. And i'm sure it will start to wear out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on how light your natural hair color is, you might not even need to bleach it.

I have dark hair and I've been dying it bright red since 2013. I don't bleach it but use a type of red highlighter meant for dark hair to lift the color a bit so I get the bright red. The upkeep for me is about once a month and I do it myself.

Also, use a sulfate free shampoo (I use this one www.pureology.com/.../...fection_group_350x350.jpg )

and use a deep conditioning type of mask once a week
    (I use this one www.sephora.com/images/sku/s1360262-main-hero.jpg )

0|0
    0|0
  • Once u go bleach your hair it will damage your hair badly.
    Don't expect your hair to be as good as your non-touched hair!

0|0
    0|0
  • I got my natural black hair dyed to silver/grey. Its impossible to get metallic colors to look good without a professional. Find someone with experience in rose gold or else it may look orange or blonde. The lady I went to charged me $200 but my hair was down to my waist and it was virgin hair so I expected it to be expensive. Use a good quality shampoo and try to wash your hair once a week or less. The more you wash it the faster it will fade. Believe it or not the natural oils are good and unless you're scalp is itchy, super oily or super dry, you don't need to wash it every day. Also don't use a lot of heat on it. Curling and straightening is damaging and will fade the color a ton.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's your first time don't dye a huge chunk of your hair without at least doing a patch test on a small area at the tips one that you could easily go over or even cut off if the need arises. Totally go for it, dying your hair is a great way to show your originality. Also use the proper shampoo and conditioner or other hair products you use that don't hurt your hair also be warned: hair dye is extremely detrimental to your natural hair it causes dryness, breakage, and overall the texture is more coarse. This is not meant to be a turn off for dying it but just be careful with hair maintenance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cons: You might have to bleach them which would damage your hair and skin , re-dying and touching up every 2 months is costly, you might not like the colour or it might come out patchy, once you start dying (as with shaving) it can be hard to stop, esp. where your natural hair colour is very different from the dye.

Pros: It is fun and you'd have a chance to express yourself in looks, rewarding yourself is healthy, the colour may suit you, bye dandruff.

Tips and warnings: If you are bleaching, it might take a few stages so buy a few boxes of hair dye if you are doing it yourself ( 2 boxes of bleach, 1 of rose gold and 1 of brown in case you change your mind), if you are getting your hair dyed by a stylist be very specific about the hair colour you desire, make sure you are not allergic to the hair dye. When I dye my hair it makes my spots worse because the dyed hair irritates my skin. Conditioner and hair mask and oil treatments.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make sure you love it. I was blonde and I love my new hair color.

0|0
    0|0
  • Awesome that you've reached a goal. Very inspiring and congratulations. As for dying your hair, it's a great way to change up a look. When you color your hair once you'll likely be coloring it for a long time to come. One way to see if the color will be a good fit is to rock a wig with the color you want for a few days or weeks and see how you like it. This way if you are not sure or if you change your mind you won't do any unnecessary harm to your hair. Heck, you may even consider using wigs or clip in extensions so you never have to damage your hair. It's a great alternative and so much more versatile. If that's not an option, just don't second guess your decision once you've made one and go for it. Also, you may want to protect your hair as much as you can by getting it colored by a professional for your first time instead of box color.

Best of luck and congratulations on your accomplishment!

0|0
    0|0
  • Make sure to go get it done professionally!!! If you want to do rose gold, its going to to take a lot for you brown hair to go to a light enough blonde to get the shade you want. Especially when doing it for the 1st time. If you want to do it at home (since its cheaper) just be really careful! You can burn your hair off! Its a scary process. I've done it before. But be sure to get a good shampoo/conditioner to help repair your hair! It would also be good to put coconut oil in your hair! It helps moisturize your hair, repair it, keeps it soft, etc. Its just worked wonders for me!

0|0
    0|0
  • do it 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • go slowly trust me

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to a professional like what I did

0|0
    0|0
  • Let a professional do the work

0|0
    0|0
  • Great job on losing weight.
    I would find someone with experience. If permanent dye is used, the only way to go back is to let it grow out. That can take a year with shoulder length hair. I dyed mine (brown to red) and had to let it grow out when I was done. Not fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Will it be professionally or at home? Never go lighter at home. It won't come out the way you want it to, 100% of the time; you'll fuck it up.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes