How do you think of young boys wearing dresses in some earlier centuries?

This is a Flemish boy of 1625 in a dress.
How do you think of young boys wearing dresses in some earlier centuries?I accidentally found something in the Wikipedia that European young boys of several year old wore dresses somehow similar to young girls from middle 16th century to about late 19th century. However there some subtle differences between boys and girls dresses, as well as their toys and accessories. It's surprising and interesting for me. How do you girls and guys think?
Here is the Wikipedia link: en. m. wikipedia. org/wiki/Breeching_(boys)

There're also some pictures about boy in dress in the Museum of Childhood, London.

66

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It wasn't a European Thing. It was an Everyone Thing. And Everyone did it well into the 1900s because it's easier to deal with a kid wearing a dress than trying to get pants to fit over cloth diapers that probably leaked.