I want to be healthy, but I need to lose weight... Any advice?

I'm almost turning 17 in two months and currently weigh at 200 lbs. (I know, unbelievable) I'm 5'6'' and I really need to lose weight. I did lose 20 lbs. two years ago and was 160, but obviously gained it all back plus extra pounds. I've struggled with weight all my life with my dad calling me "fat" every single day when I was actually very skinny and had a lot of baby fat in the face. I've always felt insecure about how I looked and found comfort in food. I can't bare to look at myself in the mirror because I'm so ashamed by how I let myself get this way. I know people are going to say embrace yourself, but honestly this is also me wanting to become healthy. My mom didn't tell me I had lung and heart problems when I was a baby until recently and she said that I needed to become healthier so those problems won't arise later on. I know I have to exercise and go on a diet, but if any of you out there can share your stories on how you lost weight and could give me some motivation, that would be great!
(I know rude people out there are going to call me fat and I there is no need because IM ALREADY AWARE)

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I lost a lot of weight when i completely took fast food out of my diet (burgers, soda, french fries, nuggets) and forcebly got myself in a routine of doing a 15 minute workout every night. (50 squats, 50 leg lifts each, 30 second plank, 100 sit ups, 50 butterfly twists, and 100 criss crosses) fast forward 3 years i lost a lot of body fat and replaced it with muscle. I still workout every night and my body doesn't react well to fast food anymore which is fine because then its out of my diet forever.