Is it racist to tell a black person who has his pants down to pull them up?

• yes that is racist
  • no it is not

916

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Racist? No. Not unless you are doing so because you believe that you are superior to them, that them having their pants 'sagging' is an indication of their inferiority and you believe that you can tell them what to do as a result of your superiority (how we used to treat slaves). Racism is definitely existent in todays country but it is also something that we attribute to too many things (lack of diverse Oscar nominations, for instance).

Here is the definition of racism: "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"