Do you think this outfit/accessory combination is too much?

Am I thinking too much outside the box? Is it a failed attempt to be original?
Especially with the trench coat.
Trench Coat
Little Black Dress
Heels
Clutch
Earrings
I'm thinking about completing the look with loose curls and a bold burgundy lipstick. By the way, let's forget about the price, lol, and I hope the trench coat isn't perceived as "cultural appropriation" because it's inspired by the Japanese yukata. Is there something I should change on this look?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you have a theme or idea when putting these things together? I don't know what you are going for, and so I don't want to give you the wrong advice.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay first off, wow I'd have to sell my kidney in the black market for these things, but to answer your question frankly, all the pieces individually are really cute and nice, but I feel they clash together. Each piece is sort of bold either with the bunching of the dress, the design on the shoes and clutch, so I would consider wearing making a solid trench with a bold colour, a smaller sequenced clutch, like tiny diamonds or just plain black, and make just non dangly earrings. This is just my opinion. That trench is hella cute tho

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• When you're visualizing the look you're realizing you take the trench coat off inside. Right?

The cost isn't to my taste but that's just a personal taste thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • guys won't care

2|1
    0|0
  • no choker?

0|0
    0|0
  • looks pretty awesome to me

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• if you want the opinion of what i think of the items... i think you'll look like a star in them... the question is where are you going to wear this? but i'll say everything esepecially the dress is beautiful and classy.,, along with sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like the dress. When you wear an overcoat with so many colors and patterns, the dress underneath should be simple and understated. I suggest a black dress that doesn't have that pleating.
    OR ditch the overcoat and wear a sleek white peacoat and wear it over the shoulders. The shoes are really cute tho. Don't really care for the clutch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Trench is ok, it's not cultural appropriate either... dress is nice too, but with that trench I think a nice form fitted black turtleneck would look nicer

2|0
    0|0
  • They would clash suoer bad. Especially the coat and clutch. Honestly it kinda looks like u found the most expensive clothes u could and tried to make something with them

0|0
    1|0
  • I love it , nothing is too much when it comes to fashion , do what makes you happy

1|0
    0|0
    • I see that you're from France, do you watch "Les Reines du Shopping"?, I got inspired from one of the themes they had, lol.

• Yes haha I know this show but I don't really like Cristina Cordula

• Yes, without having seen it all together it seem like a bit much would be going on.. but thats my uneducated mind guessing based the individual pictures alone.. so take it with a grain of salt

0|0
    0|0
  • This all depends on what each of those pieces look like. Do you have pics?

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually no this isn't very out of this box for fashion (maybe it is compared to what you usually go for) its fine

0|0
    0|0
  • not a fan of the trench coat. If it was all beige I think it would be better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it could go nicely together even though it's not my style.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, don't change it. It sounds like it's really cute

0|0
    0|0
  • Super classy! There's nothing "too much" about your outfit ideas. Go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Loose the trench coat. Everything else is perf!

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it is good

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds fab to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it n u obviously do too so who cares?

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds cute

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes